Sunday, September 25, 2011

More pumpkin fun!

So the husband and I both had to work this weekend. We were both on call and we had hall council training. I must say thank you to my community for being extremely quiet this weekend. ZERO calls. K's duty phone only went off twice. Not bad at all. I wonder what is best as a married couple that serves on call, both of us on call at the same time or at different times.... duty can be so unpredictable, so it is hard to say.
Saturday we were at Exec and Rec with our hall councils. BCC did a great job! 2nd most spirited delegation, 1st place banner and most spirited female delegate! So proud!


After Exec and Rec we caught up on TiVo; Glee, Parenthood, The Office and Community. Last week we started watching Lost (yes I know I am again like a decade behind) but I am addicted! We watched like 5 episodes! I can't get enough.
Sunday has been all about baking! I found a recipe for pumpkin fudge. I have never made any type of candy, so I thought I would attempt this!






I had half a can of pumpkin left so I halved this recipe and made "Melt-In-Your-Mouth" pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting! DELICIOUS! I am going to bring these to the Zeta EC meeting tonight!


My baking is starting to take a toll on my body. I currently have three burns on my hands from the oven and stove top. I blame it on being clumsy, or just not careful. Oh well, small price to pay for yummy treats!



For dinner I am making broccoli and cheddar cheese soup with french bread. Can't wait! I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment