So this weekend K and I celebrated one month of being married! And we used it as an excuse to go out! We went to Farm 255 which is a great restaurant on Washington. They serve sustainable, local foods. So delicious. I had a "Garden Cooler" which was lavender infused lemonade and gin. New fav summer drink! And then we had the GA cheese plate. For dinner I had shrimp and grits, K had the special; a 16 oz T-bone steak with garlic rosemary fries and fried okra. We were stuffed.
At Farm 255
After dinner K wanted to get his 12th tattoo. There are several tattoo places in Athens but K prefers Walk the Line and the artist John Collins. His tattoo of choice was a HUGE rose on his right elbow. On our wedding day K sent me a dozen gorgeous red roses, that had tons of petals and were very full. He says the tattoo is to commemorate our wedding day, I think he just wanted more ink, but it was a nice gesture none the less.
Finished product. Still healing.
Sunday was all about baking. With the summer officially being over, and the student staff moving back I needed to get centered. I started by making K's favorite- soft pretzels. My good friend Brianna lives in NOWHERE Tennessee, but I will visit her for one reason; beer cheese dip! It is a specialty of a local place in Clarksville and it is delicious. I tried to replicate it, but alas, I failed. K liked my attempt, and it was edible, just not Clarksville beer cheese dip.
K decided to get in the kitchen and help me with dinner. My favorite- Megan's chicken. Cream cheese stuffed chicken breast wrapped in bacon. Asparagus and rice on the side. Yummy dinner!
Spread that cream cheese!!
I made chocolate chocolate chip muffins while we watched True Blood. The muffins were to celebrate the LAST orientation check in and to say good bye to one of my grad students that is leaving after doing such a great job this summer!
Right now I am waiting for a cake to cool before I make some more cake pops. Yeah, I am kind of obsessed with cake on a stick. Good thing students are back and I can feed them before I eat all of them myself!






No comments:
Post a Comment