We kicked off the Zeta Tau Alpha Athens Alumnae chapter! Super fun dinner with the new members of Gamma Pi before they were initiated. We also had a special initiate, Joyce. She is the mother of our District President and she is wonderful. I was so happy to be a part of her initiation on Sunday and the 71 new members at Gamma Pi. Initiation lasted over 12 hours and I am so proud of the executive officers!
Before initiation on Sunday, K and I went to the UGA v. Mississippi State game on Saturday! We had a wonderful new friend in our section. He barked the WHOLE game, I think he actually thought he was a bulldog. It actually was COLD in our shaded seats!
Apparently you are supposed to bark up a thirst!
It was Gamma Pi's Pink Week last week, to raise money for breast cancer awareness! The girls did a great job putting together a week of events and percentage nights around Athens! I'm so proud! I got to attend their Field Day on campus that included a yogurt eating contest. So great! Wonderful participation on campus!
Some other great things this week....
1. I presented to the Georgia Housing Officers conference on creating meaningful service experiences for residents.
2. I had a wonderful time with my fellow UGA colleagues at GHO. I am very thankful to work at such a great place!
3. I completed my second year as the GHO Awards and Recognition Chairwoman. Now I just need to find a replacement!
4. I got a message on Friday from the Gamma Pi president that made me feel like a proud momma. I enjoy my service as General Advisor so much and I am so proud of all of the sorority women I work with.
5. K and I celebrated our one year of being together. He got me tickets to the Jason Isbell show later this month, new PJs and computer software I really wanted. Such a wonderful husband! OH! And we went to Shokitini for dinner.
So now K and I are watching the UGA game, making homemade pizza and enjoying the smores cookies I made earlier. YUM!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!






No comments:
Post a Comment