Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Weekend in ATL

Well I had a WONDERFUL weekend! my beautiful mother, future sister in law and her mother came to visit me in Georgia! My brother came as well, but he came to Athens to hang out with his brother in law while I stayed with the girls in Buckhead and had a girls weekend!
In anticipation of this trip I emailed a good friend of mine (fellow Tech alumna, sorority sister and Georgian) to get some advice about where to eat, and thank goodness I did because her advice was priceless. We all celebrated my birthday at Kyma. GREAT GREEK food! So delicious. My brother and husband decided to be adventurous and had skate wing... yes like the fish you see at the aquarium.


 I hope these guys caught my brothers dinner... oh the crazy things you find on the Internet.


We had a lovely evening, but we were back at the hotel early to go to bed so that we could get up early to go find my BRIDESMAID dress! My brothers wedding is 198 days away! I had no clue were we were going to look, but when I found out we were going to Bridals by Lori I almost flipped! I had a great time trying on dresses and finding a great one, that I love and my family loved! And yes, I saw Monte!


After dress shopping we decided to go to the aquarium, LOVE! My out of state visitors said that it was the best aquarium they have been to! I got so annoyed by all the people using the flash on their cameras. It clearly states on all the exhibits to not use a flash. I would hate to be one of the fish and feel like there were paparazzi chasing me all over my tank. I did have an embarrassing moment going through security. After leaving the bridal shop I had put all my "special undergarments" in my bag but forgot to leave them in the car when we got to the aquarium. I warned the poor guy checking bags at the aquarium security that I had a bunch of underwear in my bag and I didn't want to embarrass/ weird him out. My mom died laughing. Oh well!


My mom was shocked by all the nice cars in Buckhead. We started playing count the Maseratis during our trip! Our trip to Lenox Mall totally helped with that game!


While I was not shocked at all the nice cars.... I WAS SHOCKED THAT SANTA WAS ALREADY AT THE MALL!! I am all for a little holiday cheer before Thanksgiving, BUT SERIOUSLY, SANTA IN THE MALL! Slow your roll Lenox Mall.


After the mall trip (amazingly no one purchased anything!) we went back to the hotel to figure out dinner plans and hit up the hotel lounge. I found a new favorite drink, raspberry lemon drops! DELICIOUS! For dinner we went to Chops. AMAZING steakhouse and the ONLY TWO PICTURES I TOOK FROM THE TRIP:



Of course they were of food! Even though we had a celebrity run in... Ne Ne Leakes from RHOA was at Chops!! My future sister in law's mother and I ran outside to get her autograph. She was so tall in person, and very nice!!


I had a GREAT girls weekend and visit with my family. I ate so well, I don't think I will have to eat for weeks! Hope everyone else had a great weekend! Now, I am preparing for my husband's birthday tomorrow and my in laws arriving tonight and visiting for the rest of the week! Can't wait to show them around Athens/ Atlanta! So much great family time!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an AWESOME weekend! FULL of reality TV run-ins! Love it!

    ReplyDelete