Monday, April 9, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

What a wonderful weekend! Kyle and I were both on call, but it was a great weekend to be on call because there was no one on campus! Saturday morning I had a meeting with a community organization I volunteer with. It was great to wake up and start the day! When I got home Kyle and I went out. We headed to the mall (and I got a lovely new tunic from Gap), and then downtown Athens. The weather was perfect for walking downtown. I went to Agora, one of my favorite thrift stores. It is just wall to wall stuff in there! Clothes, jewelry, records, home decor; you name it, they got it!

Cute idea for old bags!

Loved this figurine

Now that's a statement necklace!


Teal clock

Kyle and I stopped by Walk the Line, were he gets his tattoos done. I thought we were just there to show the healed tattoo he got last month, but NO he wanted ANOTHER tattoo!


Walk the Line Tattoo parlor, love some Cash!

Kyle getting new ink


Yep.... that's my name

That night we stayed in. I baked, we watched movies and just relaxed!

Starting cake pops

Look like Easter eggs.


And let's make some cookies while we're at it


DELICIOUS

It was a different Easter. I didn't attend church, which was a first. Kyle doesn't practice any religion, which is a huge difference in our marriage. But it isn't an issue. I still attend a church, just by myself. We talk about religion, he supports my decisions and I support his. It just is what it is. Since I didn't attend church Sunday, I had a really good devotional at home. I reflected and prayed. I still celebrated Easter, just in my own way. It is also weird because we aren't with family. So there is no big dinner or egg hunt. I miss that. So instead we went to see Hunger Games, Kyle finally finished the book. We both like the book more obviously, but it was interesting to see what they changed and cut out. Kyle made dinner, his turkey chili (my fav) and we enjoyed a night in. Wonderful, fabulous, relaxing weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment