Since Gigi is still a puppy I wanted to spend this week talking about biting. I feel like my life right now is consumed by saying "NO!" and "Drop it!" I am going crazy. I have been doing a lot of reading up on how to stop your dog from this nasty habit and everyone always says, redirect their biting to an appropriate toy. We have a vast assortment of Nylabones for Gigi and most recently got her a Kong Tire toy. She loves her tire. We put a treat in it and she goes crazy, and it gives me a break from her trying to bite me.
See she loves it!
We also recently got some Fooey spray. It is a basic bitter spray, all natural. We have used it on the rim of the couch because she likes to jump up and bite it, also on the rug in the kitchen because she chews a corner piece. Let me tell you this stuff has worked well! And both Kyle and I have accidentally got some in our mouths (don't ask), this stuff is foul tasting.
Any more tips on curbing biting? I know she will "grow out of it" and she is teething, but I need a reprieve! Join the link up and come back next Tuesday for another, Tail Wagging Tuesday!!!



When I first got Rusty, he used to nip ALL THE TIME so I got that bitter apple spray (similar to the one you have) and he stopped! also, we did those training classes at petsmart and he was a completely different dog after the puppy training classes!
ReplyDelete