Ok so just a quick catch up with stuff that's been going on the last 10 days. Kyle has been having some health issues and that sort of threw everything out of whack. But he finally got diagnosed and will have surgery later on next month. He is feeling better and I think we are both happy to move forward to get him back at 100%.
Valentines Day was low key. Gigi was at daycare all day and Kyle and I were at at doctor's appointment. I must admit daycare has been amazing. Gigi is doing so well, and we can really tell a change in her behavior at home.
Baby Gigi at Valentine's Day.
I have been obsessed with Netflix documentaries on health, food and the food industry. Which prompted me to want to get a juicer. So for Valentines Day Kyle got me a juicer!
Making the first juice. Three kiwis, two oranges and a grapefruit. DELICIOUS!
Looks like sherbet!
Yum!
Then on Saturday this happened....
Yep, I ran a 10K. So proud. I don't think I have ever run that far in my life. And it felt good (except for around the 4 mile mark. I struggled a little).
Sunday we got a Sam's club membership. I have never belonged to a bulk shopping place before. After browsing for over a hour I definetly think we will save money here in the long run. But we were on a mission for fruits and veggies this trip.
This is what $170 worth for fruits and veggies looks like.
Sunday night I got to go to Taste of Athens, which is a fundraising event for Community Connection of Northeast Georgia. My graduate student Chandler won two tickets to the event and invited me as her plus one. Over 50 different restaurants in the Athens area participated and gave samples of different foods. It was so great!
We even made the "Spotted" section of the local paper.
Monday Kyle started his new job with the Office of Student Conduct. After a full day of graduate student interviews I stopped by his new office to say hi.
Finally some goal updates:
- I applied to NHTI.
- I have run 34.5 miles this month, only 27 away from 100 for the year.
- I baked cookies, wrote notes and gave my GRs Valentine's day gifts. I am trying to make sure to show appreciation more.
- And the NO BUY is going really well. No clothes, makes up, or frivolous stuff!
Looking forward to:
- My trip to Atlanta to see Brianna on Friday!
- Running at least nine more 5Ks before the end of the month











YAYYYYYYY!!! I wasn't sure if you were going to be able to make it! So excited - if you are there for dinner then you get to join me and 9 fraternity guys (bless out hearts)
ReplyDeleteGirl you are on fire! Keep it up!! I love hearing about all of the great things you have going on! and I will keep Kyle in my thoughts this month!
ReplyDelete