Thursday, September 19, 2013

Ohhhhhh we are half way there!

 

How Far along: 20 weeks! Half way there!
Maternity Clothes? I tried to zip up a dress on Wednesday of last week and it wouldn't zip. So I tried to get Kyle to help and he zipped it, but I could barely breath! So I made my first maternity purchases from Old Navy. We will see how they work out. I got a couple of dresses, some tunics, leggings, jeans, a pair of work pants and a bunch of tops. Some of my favorites:




As you can see I am loving stripes. Let me just say maternity skinny jeans are the BEST THING EVER INVENTED! The look of skinny jeans with the comfort of an elastic waist. I'm in heaven. 
I am going though my closet and pulling what I think will work for the next couple of months. I also got a BeBand from Target and I am loving that. It allows you to wear your pants and skirts unbuttoned but still holds them up for you. I've worn it twice, and it think it is great!
Gender? We had our 20 week ultrasound on Monday and found out that we are having a..... BOY! The ultrasound tech asked if we wanted to know, Kyle and I both said yes at the same time. She hovered over baby and said "Can you guess what it is?" Kyle said "That is a penis!" And sure enough, there it was. We have four nieces, so I think it is time for some testosterone in the family!
Sleep?  My amazing husband bought me this:

And let me tell you it has SAVED me. If I don't use it I am so uncomfortable and I can't sleep. Gigi loves to cuddle with me all night, right up against my belly, which is making me really hot, but she is so cute and snuggley I don't want to move her.
Food Cravings? Dairy! I can't make it through the day without eating at least three pieces of string cheese. 
What I Miss? Coffee. I have totally cut myself back from multiple cups a day to maybe two cups a week.
Symptoms? This week I have been having jaw pain. I'm not sure if it is pregnancy related, but it was so painful and I couldn't eat, which is an awful scenario for someone that is 20 weeks pregnant and starving all the time. I ended up going to the dentist because I was so miserable. The dentist thinks I am grinding my teeth at night, or clinching my jaw because I am stressed. Normally they would give you muscle relaxers, but I can't have those. So the doctor recommended this sexy mouth guard that I wear at night and heat compresses. I must admit I am feeling better this morning, but my jaw is not 100%.
Anticipating? Starting to work on the nursery and getting furniture. My parents have volunteered to buy the furniture and my mother in law wants to get me an awesome glider. I now just want to decide how to make the room look: theme, colors, etc. I wish I was good at that sort of thing!! If anyone wants to come help you are more than welcome, I am at a total loss!
Best Moment of the Week? Getting the diagnostic ultrasound, seeing our precious baby, then being able to share it with our family!

2 comments:

  1. I just caught up on your last 2 months of life via the blog - loving it! So excited for you to have a baby boy! He is such a lucky little guy!
    Loving the stripes in the maternity clothes. A lady at my office did not get maternity clothes and by the end of her pregnancy (with twins) we were all kind of dodging her in the hallways to keep from seeing how much flesh she was showing that day. Don't get me wrong, pregnancy is beautiful, but not under a size 2 halter top in your 3rd trimester.
    I couldn't be more excited for you both! When you register, put the link online so us keeping up with your blog life can contribute to welcoming him into your home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA... trust me I don't want to be THAT woman in the office. Thank you so much for your sweet words! Hope you are well :)

    ReplyDelete