Well it happened today. A stranger asked if I was pregnant. I will admit I was a little caught off guard. I know I still have 20 pounds still hanging around six months after the birth of my son. I'm not proud of it. It doesn't make me happy. After the stranger said it, and I replied that I wasn't, I wanted to run and hide. I actually went back into my office, shut the door and cried for about an hour. I am still in here with the door shut. Too embarrassed to go out there.
I know this extra weight is effecting my confidence and my ability to enjoy things. I just feel unattractive. None of my pre baby pants fit. NONE. I'm at the point were I can't make anymore excuses. I have to do something. I just don't know what. I have been this weight one other time in my life. It was after my sophomore year in college, a particularity unpleasant year for me. I had packed on the pounds, eating horribly and not exercising. When I went home that summer my mom helped me lose the weight. Now as a mother myself I have a hard time juggling everything. There just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day. I could try and work out in the morning, however, right now JSD is waking up at 4:30am and Kyle and I have been trading off mornings so that one of us is getting some sleep. And then at night I just want to spend time with my little guy, I miss him during the day. But nothing is going to change unless I do something. So I am going to set some small goals.
1. Start using my FitBit and actually reach my 10,000 step goal
2. Use my gym membership at lunch three times a week. I get a free membership with my job, I could squeeze in a quick workout.
3. Start running again. I lost 10 pounds before I got pregnant and was up to 7 miles a run. I really liked my Nike app for running, but I am thinking about a heart rate monitor instead.
I know my biggest struggle will be motivation and holding myself accountable, but with the latest comment I think I have hit rock bottom. I know that I can loose this weight, I have done it before. I don't want anyone mistaking me for being pregnant again.

you got it girl. i'm with you, and i don't have baby as an excuse. sometimes its hard to make ourselves a priority :(
ReplyDeletesooo true! or I make the priority for myself to sit on the couch and watch Nerflix!
ReplyDelete