Thursday, May 5, 2011

M.A.D.ness

I have debated starting a blog for awhile. I have some great friends that blog and have really enjoyed being able to read about their lives even though I don't get to see or talk to them often. I also realized it is a great way to chronicle your life and share with so many different people.
I really wanted to start this blog though to help make sense of some of the madness in my life. I got engaged in March and quickly my life got busier than I have ever been (and I am known for my crazy schedule). I realized the other day that my new initials spell M.A.D. and I thought that was appropriate for the madness that is my life. I am excited for the new chapter about to start in my life. It becomes more real everyday.
My fiance Kyle and I recently had our engagement pictures taken by the very talented Kristin Boggs. We took them in downtown Athens, because we both LOVE our city. Kyle and I only dated five months before we got engaged, so these are some of the only pictures we have of each other and I am so happy with how they turned out.

I hope to use this blog to share my experiences as: a partner, a student affairs professional, sorority advisor, Athenian, advocate and all the other roles I play! I want to share resources, perspectives and everyday happenings. Some people argue that our culture hides behind technology, afraid to connect with others. But I think that it is through technology we can expand our sphere of influence and help connect to others.

In bloggerhood,
The Furture Mrs. D

No comments:

Post a Comment