Saturday, May 7, 2011

BombBombsBombs

Yesterday was my seventh month anniversary with Kyle. Yes, I am like a high schooler that celebrates month anniversaries! We count our anniversary from our first date, which was to a concert at the 40 Watt in Athens. So what better way to celebrate seven months then by ANOTHER concert at the 40 Watt. Coincidentally one of my students is in a band, BombsBombsBombs! and they were playing at the 40 Watt last night. They just released a CD, yall should check them out http://bombscubed.tumblr.com/ Their self described genre is Alliterative Alternative Indie. I think they are a lot of fun live and had a great night at one of my favorite venues in Athens!

In wedding news, out invitations were ordered and the guest list was finalized this week. The wedding and reception are at a winery in Virginia. The invitations are supposed to look like wine labels. We are also using our monogram/ initals as a theme, so I was happy when my mom and Jen found these. The colors are green, ivory and brown. So this invitation was a win win. Now I just need them to come in so I can send them out!

Sample of the invitation form Paper Divas


I think that has been the hardest part of this whole process. Kyle and I originally talked about eloping to Savannah GA, but that changed when I expressed wanting my family to be there. And then the list just kept growing. We are still having an extremely small wedding. But if we were to invite all our family, our friends and other people we would want you are looking at over 200 people. I admire my friends that have had weddings of 150+, I have no idea how you did it. I'm going crazy with 30 people! And I really appreciate all that my mom and pseudo wedding planner Jen have done for me!!

p.s. In 12 days I am going to Gulf Shores Alabama for Hangout Fest with two of my favorite people (Brianna and Briana). Hangout Fest is a three day music festival ON THE BEACH! I can't wait to spend some time with good friends and good music! Check out the line up here http://hangoutmusicfest.com/ A lot of the people playing Hangout are also playing Bonnaroo, and if you ask me the beach is a much better location than a muddy field in the middle of Tennessee. We are staying in a condo with running water, not a tent and using a communal shower, GROSS! But now I need to go find a new bathing suit for our trip to the beach. YAY shopping!

p.p.s. Happy Mother's Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment