Monday, May 16, 2011

Thank my lucky starrs!

Friday night was graduation in Athens! Kyle and I decided to get dinner downtown before the crazy graduation crowd was finished in the stadium. We headed to Tarppeze Pub. Known for their assortment of beer, this pub offers more than "bar food." I started with a New Belgium Trippel, so yummy and ordered the Beer Battered Fish and Chips (hey, it was the beginning of the weekend, I can splurge!) It was delicious. The fish was crunchy and I love thick steak fries. It was so much food I ended up giving Kyle like 1/3 of  my dinner. I also ordered my favorite IPA, from Atlanta based Sweetwater Brewing Company. 


After dinner we were walking around and I saw a a pregnant woman with an ice cream cone from Ben and Jerry's and it made me want ice cream. So we stopped in and I got the Jimmy Fallon inspired flavor, Late Night Snack. Chocolate covered potato chips in vanilla ice cream with salted caramel swirl. I know what you are thinking CHOCOLATE COVERED POTATO CHIPS? It was soooo good! Great mix of salty and sweet!


We ended the night watching the fireworks for graduation! I LOVE that UGA has the fireworks show, such a great treat for graduates and their families. You can see them from almost anywhere on Baxter/Lumpkin.

Saturday I busted out my Hayley Starr S Dress (http://www.hayleystarr.com/clothes-infinite.php). I bought it months ago, but it was at the bottom of a drawer and I completely forgot about it until Saturday when I couldn't decide what to wear. This dress is PERFECT for those that are indecisive. I started the day wearing it as a skirt, with a white tank top and black sandals to run errands in. Then changed to a one shoulder with a belt for dinner with Kyle. I love love love this dress. I would wear it all the time if I could! It comes in six colors, I have the black one. Check out the videos on the website about how to tie the dress in different ways.

The wedding invitations came in and now they are being addressed. We also got our wedding rings in. I love mine, I want to wear it now! Kyle has hidden them so I don't keep trying to sneak it on my finger! 45 Days and counting! We are going over the ceremony and finalizing the program. We want to make sure that we add little things that reflect us and will be special for our friends and family. Inspiration is running a little low at the current moment however, and hopefully will pick up soon, because I am running out of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment