The FH and I had our first date at a sushi restaurant in Athens called Shokitini. So for our last date night in Athens before we become Mr. and Mrs. we decided to recreate our first date. AthFest started yesterday so we decided to walk downtown, BIG MISTAKE! About half way there the sky opened up and rain POURED down. We had umbrellas but they were no help! Thankfully some very nice ladies on Newton St saw us struggling and offered to let us hang out on their porch until the rain slowed down. Hallelujah!
We love sitting at the sushi bar and all the little extras you get. We were actually seated next to Philip from the Athens band Modern Skirts. He also works at my favorite bar, Pauley's. Its so cozy at the sushi bar! The FH love love loves the Dynamite Mussels. You get two if you sit at the bar, but he ordered four extra. And ate all four. The FH will eat ANYTHING, but doesn't like rolls with cream cheese (boo!) so we tried a new roll, the Las Vegas.
After dinner you get a FRIED OREO! Oh my goodness, that is my FAVORITE PART of sitting at the sushi bar. And thus leads me to this wonderful YouTube clip. I won't be surprised if my kids are just like this kid. He is super hilarious and honest. Got to love honesty and a fellow cookie lover!
After Shokitini we went to hang out at Pauley's. And then walked home. This time no rain!
Ok I have some important news to share. When the FH and I come back to Athens after the wedding we will not be returning alone. My sweet baby girl MADDY will be moving back with us!! I am so excited and so is the FH. It was actually his idea. So please enjoy the below photo montage of the precious princess!
We love sitting at the sushi bar and all the little extras you get. We were actually seated next to Philip from the Athens band Modern Skirts. He also works at my favorite bar, Pauley's. Its so cozy at the sushi bar! The FH love love loves the Dynamite Mussels. You get two if you sit at the bar, but he ordered four extra. And ate all four. The FH will eat ANYTHING, but doesn't like rolls with cream cheese (boo!) so we tried a new roll, the Las Vegas.
Yummy!!
After dinner you get a FRIED OREO! Oh my goodness, that is my FAVORITE PART of sitting at the sushi bar. And thus leads me to this wonderful YouTube clip. I won't be surprised if my kids are just like this kid. He is super hilarious and honest. Got to love honesty and a fellow cookie lover!
After Shokitini we went to hang out at Pauley's. And then walked home. This time no rain!
Ok I have some important news to share. When the FH and I come back to Athens after the wedding we will not be returning alone. My sweet baby girl MADDY will be moving back with us!! I am so excited and so is the FH. It was actually his idea. So please enjoy the below photo montage of the precious princess!
The FH is leaving tomorrow, so we are trying to clean out the apartment some more! 5 more days!! YAY!




No comments:
Post a Comment