I grew up the daughter of an Air Force Officer and had the privilege of moving all over the GREAT U.S. of A (and a little bit overseas). So about every other summer when I was a kid we would pack up the house and move to the next AFB. I was always excited to go somewhere new, meet new people and see new things. It was fun! HOWEVER, as an adult I LOATHE moving! Last post I mentioned that the FH would be moving up the street to join me in my apartment as Mr. and Mrs. Well we began the moving process last weekend and it has taken all week. As a single girl I took advantage of my two bedrooms and extra closets and now need to make room for my beloved. About 10 trash bags of donated items later we could finally move his stuff in.
Any great experienced movers number one accessory, cold beer. Yes it is the only thing in the fridge currently.
The kitchen floor after moving two car loads of stuff.
The living room/ dinner table over run with stuff!
All this week after we get off work, go to the gym and then eat dinner we have started boxing rooms and driving them up to my place. Today his apartment is officially EMPTY and mine looks like a bomb went off. There is stuff EVERYWHERE! The master and guest bedrooms are looking good. So are the bathrooms. It is just finding space for everything else!
The FH's special project, a new shower head!
Yesterday I got a special surprise after lunch, a wedding present from some very good friends. I was so surprised when I opened it up. It truly made my day! Knowing you have love, support and well wishes from friends is such a good feeling and I feel blessed to have such great friends! I can't wait to make some homemade guacamole!!!
Gift from a fabulous friends! Thanks J$ and GA!
We are continuing the unpacking process through tomorrow and then the FH leaves for PA to spend time with his family before they all come down to VA for the wedding. Then I fly to VA Tuesday night. 6 days and counting!! I couldn't be more excited!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment