Friday, July 22, 2011

Calm Before the Storm

I have been in training for work the past two weeks and have two weeks left. The student staff return in a week, then the building opens in two weeks, then sorority recruitment happens and school starts. There is a lot that goes on for me in the beginning of the school year. I try not to get stressed out, and to help me keep my clam this past week I decided to BAKE. I used the return of the grad students in my building as an excuse to try something new: Cake Pops!

This was my first attempt, and I would say they were a success.

I also made some lovely peach custard bars! I love recipes where you combine cream cheese and Cool Whip. So delicious. K keeps getting mad because he thinks I am trying to make him fat with all the baking I have been doing. Maybe that is why he insists we get up at 5:30am to go to the gym! UGH!
Other exciting news from this week, the Zeta Tau Alpha Athens Alumnae chapter had a get together! I love being part of this group! I agreed to take on the roll of co-president with one of my favorite Athens Zeta Alum!! Can't wait for the kick off in September and attending all the fun events!

Old picture from our Christmas Party 2010, but so much fun!

AND I am so proud of the UGA chapter women and there performance at NLC last week!! Crown chapter is a great accomplishment (maybe I'll make them some Zeta cake pops to celebrate!) and I can't wait for them to return to Athens so we can start working toward HMH this year! Being the general advisor has definitely been one of the highlights of being in Athens!
So while work is gearing up it means that I will be in Athens for an extended period with no travel. And I am happy about it! I need a break, and this is my last free weekend before the craziness starts.

Plans this weekend include (but are not limited to): sleeping in, woking on thank you notes, baking more!, going to the pool (I haven't put on a bathing suit since May and that is just plain depressing!) and finishing season two of 24 with my husband. We are both on call, so hopefully it is a quiet weekend. Hope everyone has a great weekend, stay cool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment