Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weekend Highlights

So the awful heat ruined my plans to spend my weekend at the pool. And the duty phone kept me busy midnight to 4am Friday and Saturday. BUT there were some wonderful things from this weekend! K and I went to Borders to check out the closing sale. Papyrus cards for 40% off! So naturally I stocked up!

Enough cards to last me a year

I also picked up four new cookbooks. Baking, Better Homes, Tasty Low-Fat Recipes (had to counter act the baking!) and slow cooker recipes. I have a slow cooker and I could definitely use it more.


Adding to the collection!

K and I took a trip to Ikea a couple of weeks ago to get some home organization things. We found this lovely bookshelf, and will probably go back to get another (we have too many books). We don't want to buy too much furniture because we anticipate moving several more times and the university provides all our furniture. But we thought this bookshelf could be used again and it could be easily moved.

Definitely need another!


I got a new nail polish color. LOVE IT! I change my nail color so much it is a little ridiculous!

Cute as a button!

We started the thank you note process! YAY! The sooner we get this done the better!


We ended the weekend with pizza from Transmetropolitan, a couple episodes of 24 and delicious lemon bars!




Don't forget to check out Maddy Monday tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment