Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cooking as a Married Couple

K and I love cooking together. For our first cooking adventure as Mr. and Mrs. we wanted to try something new and different. Enter Larry the lobster.

Larry in his ice bath, after the really HOT bath.

I had picked out a cocktail, appetizer, main course and dessert. When I showed K the lobster roll recipe he was so excited to try it. So we got the lobster and the big pot and threw him in!! K thinks Larry put up a fight, I think he was imagining things. I don't think we knew what we were getting ourselves into. Lots of craw cracking later we had yummy meat!

K in MY APRON!

Yummy!

Look at all that meat!

I didn't get a picture of the finished rolls because they were so good I ate it before we could take a picture! For our yummy appetizer I made Pepper Poppers! DELICIOUS! Kind of a pain to deseed all of them, but totally worth it. I loved the gooey cream cheese after they roasted!

Pre roasting.

Post roasting.

And for our cocktail we had peach mojitos. Perfect Georgia summer drink and K got to use all his fun new bar stuff!
Peaches!

Finished product.

I didn't take pictures of dessert, because it didn't LOOK pretty, but it was really good. Pear custard bars. It wasn't very colorful. But what it lacked in color it made up for in creamy-ness. I think the most common question I have received since getting married is "What is it like to be married?" And honestly there hasn't been much of a change. Adding Maddy to our life has probably been the biggest change for us. But she has made a lovely addition to our pictures as a family.

Maddy and K putting together the Dyson!

My new life.

We are really happy settling back home and I think Maddy is too! Hopefully there are more cooking adventures to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment