Friday, July 8, 2011

June 30, 2011

I am now a Mrs! And I use that exclamation point intentionally, because I couldn't be happier! It will be awhile before I get my wedding photos from the photographer, I thought I would throw together a few that guests took, just to do a recap of the best day ever!

Let me first state, I was never the girl that dreamed about her wedding, or her wedding dress. K and I originally wanted to elope. But I couldn't get married without my parents there, so thus the SMALL WEDDING adventure began. I would be NO WHERE without my fabulous wedding planner/helper Jennifer! She is my brother's future mother in law, but more importantly a close family friend and I would have been completely lost without her. She found our venue, got the flowers, decorated the venue, helped with the caterer. She helped with EVERYTHING! My mom said in one of our planning emails "I don't know what Megan and I would have done without you. Yes I do know:  she would have gone to the justice of the peace and we would have had a party in the back yard with Chuck smoking pork butts..." Jennifer organized everything and made something wonderful from my vague ideas! My brother and my future sister in law helped her so much too! I am so thankful for all of them!

 The beautiful Chateau O'Brien winery.



Pretty flowers and floating candles! It was absolutely gorgeous when the sun was setting!


Centerpiece, with wedding favors: limited edition wine stoppers made by my dad!


My brother with the Moms



The cute flower girls; my new nieces. Adorable.


Right before everyone arrived. I was calming my nerves with some wine :)




So happy!




We had a wine tasting in between the ceremony and dinner.




First Dance!


"Dancing Queen" Mother/Son dance


Father/Daughter dance. I had to find a picture where I wasn't bawling my eyes out.


Good shot of the dress. It took my 42 minutes to pick!




White chocolate cake with strawberry preserves!


My brother's toast!

The recepetion ended at 10, but K and I wanted to have an option to continue the party! The places in the Front Royal are limited, especially if you wanted to stay out after 11:00pm. We had two options: T.G.I. Fridays (ew no!) or Stonewall Jackson's Restaurant. We went with the latter and I am so glad we did! It was actually a really fun local place. We had a side room to ourselves and the DJ played whatever we wanted. The gentleman in the above picture joined in our festivities. We have no idea who he is, but he loved our party.
I hope that our family and friends had as much fun as we did. It was more that we could have expected! We are so happy to be married and happy that we were able to spend our special day with family and friends!


2 comments: