So this weekend we had another home game, which meant another opportunity to tailgate. K was super excited about making something to bring to the brunch themed tailgate. Now when he is in the kitchen you can't ever predicted what might happen. He likes to invent things. So he created his own recipe,The Pancake Brownie. Don't let the name deceive you, there is no chocolate in this recipe.
First you cook up some link sausages.
Then you make your pancake batter.
Then you lay the sausages in a 13X9 pan.
Then cover the sausages with a layer of syrup.
Then pour the batter over the sausages.
Bake on 425 for 10-12 minutes.
Finished! Yum! It was a big hit at the tailgate. My only criticism would be to use more sausage and batter, or a smaller pan. It was a little thin, but a delicious sweet and salty breakfast treat! Way to go K!
After cooking the sausage we had leftover grease. Now every good southern cook knows you SAVE THE GREASE IN A MASON JAR. Well we were fresh out of mason jars, so we used an old glass. I don't know when we are going to use said grease, but at least we have it!
Yummy omelette station at the tailgate, so delicious!!
Mandatory couple picture!
So here is Pinterest attempt #2 No bake cookie and cream bars, which was actually a fail. The recipe calls for 5 cups large marshmallows. I had a hard time figuring out what that meant exactly. Apparently it means before melting. So go with less is more. First the recipe calls for a whole package of Oreos run through the food processor!
Melt marshmallows and 4 tablespoons butter in the microwave.
SO MUCH MARSHMALLOW!
Mix marshmallows with Oreos mush into a pan. I obviously used too many marshmallows. Too sticky! I need to get rid of them some how, but I feel bad throwing them away. We will see if I can come up with some sort of recycle.
Another fun weekend for the books!!!! Baking and football with my husband is the best!














Your tailgating weekend looks so FUN! I'm actually eager to try the Pancake Brownies!!
ReplyDelete