Enter attempt #1 Cream Cheese Swirl Pumpkin Bread
I had to drive to 4 different grocery stores in Athens to find 100% pure canned pumpkin. Thank goodness for the Piggly Wiggly! Yes that is not a phrase I ever envisioned myself saying, but that was the only store that had my canned pumpkin. So I stocked up! I got so excited to make this that I miraculously was healed and didn't feel icky anymore. OH THE POWER OF BAKING!
While I was in line paying for all my baking goodies the lady behind me asked if my kids were having a bake sale. HOLD THE PHONE! I look old enough to have kids?! YIKES sister! I politely said, no I just like baking a lot. She then replied "I want to come live with you!"
I think the bread turned out lovely! K and I ate a piece and then I brought the rest into work this morning to share with my students and coworkers. The recipe makes two loaves. So I am saving the other loaf for our brunch tailgate this Saturday.
After my baking adventure K and I had a concert to attend at the 40 Watt last night. Okkervil River. Great show. Exactly what I needed for the mid week pick me up!
On my way downtown I got a call from one of my best friends! She works in Greek Life and is about to start Panhellenic Recruitment on her campus. My thoughts are with you B! You are going to do GREAT! You always do! Love you!










No comments:
Post a Comment