Anyway, I was BEYOND ecstatic for this weekend because it was the FIRST HOME GAME in Athens of the season. I had been thinking about what I was going to make forthe tailgate the WHOLE week. After a quick trip to Michael's I got these wonderful dog cookie cutters and a football cake pan and I was set.
Yummy sugar cookies!
Pre icing
Icing the football took all my patience, so I made the cookies DIY.
K made some yummy buffalo chicken dip. I think he loves being in the kitchen more than I do. We are lucky enough to join the tailgate right outside our apartment. Let me just say it is a prime place to people watch! Baxter St gets some wonderful characters that definitely keep us entertained while tailgating.
Go Dawgs!
Our season tickets are in the SHADE! I was so happy, you have no idea! It can get so hot in Sanford, and since my skin is basically transparent I would FRY if we were in the sun. I was a little bummed that the BRAND NEW, MILLION DOLLAR jumbotron did NOT update other football scores throughout the game. And my phone died so I had no life line to the Hokie game. Thank goodness for the win.
The Arch!
Other highlights from the game:
1. Belligerent female USC undergraduates that sat next to us. The whole first quarter they were passing out on each other, then were sober enough after half time to SCREAM at every USC offensive play. And I mean like blood curdling scream. So annoying.
2. Hot air balloon that came over the stadium during the 3rd quarter, so cute. K, would never ever ever ride in a hot air balloon. He hates heights. I think it would be fun, if I didn't have to worry about K peeing his pants.
3. Seat surfers, oh you know who I am talking about. Those people that have AWFUL seats and try to keep moving down the whole game as holes open up. Except this time a fight almost broke out in our section when one man tried to seat surf and got caught. Thank goodness for security!
4. Feature twirler and her fire batons. I love this about the SEC. I think the baton twirlers are in more danger than anyone else on that field.
5. Russ! Best LIVE mascot ever. I die! So adorbs!
Until next Saturday! Stay classy UGA fans!





Please come to Raleigh and make a football cake and tailgate! I'll trade you some red & black bud light cans!
ReplyDeletehahaha! I want to come to Raleigh so bad! I would totally trade a cake for bud light! miss you!
ReplyDelete