We spent NYE driving from OBX back to Ath, thus concluding our month of driving. We drove over 3,500 miles last month. I am ready to take a break from the open road. We got back in town around 6:30pm, stopped by the package store and Red Box to prepare for a quiet night in. Kyle didn't have faith that we would stay awake for the Ball Drop, but we did!
I am a firm believer in goals/resolutions. I had a really difficult first semester of grad school and ended 2007 at a low. I wrote down the things I wanted to change and accomplish, hung the list on my bathroom mirror and I accomplished everything on that list. There is something to be said for writing things down, reviewing it and holding yourself accountable. So here is my list for 2012:
1. Start applying for my next job! This summer I will have been at UGA for three years and I am ready for new job responsibilities and potentially a new location. Kyle and I both would love to get closer to our families, even though we love our life in Athens. The end of 2012/ 2013 will be the big change time, but I want to challenge myself to start looking at what is out there now.
2. Change my eating habits. Kyle wakes me up at 6am Monday through Friday to go to the gym. We work out consistently; however, I use going to the gym as an excuse to eat really bad. I might actually lose some weight if I cared about what I ate. Being healthy is important and I need to work harder to make better choices about food.
3. Save more money! You should see my Excel spreadsheet with savings projections. I just need to stick to my plan and we will be in a very good place at the end of 2012.
4. Work on my advising skills. I feel so fortunate to be able to advise Gamma Pi. I want to do more as their adviser; by building more personal relationships and being more available I hope to be a better adviser.
5. Be a better friend. Getting married changes your priorities, however, I don't want it to change my relationships with other people that are also important to me. I admit my short comings over the last year. I used to travel at least every two/three months to visit friends. While I might not be able to travel that much, I can still make a better effort. I am so appreciative of my beautiful wonderful friends!
6. Probably the most important goal is to continue working on my marriage. I love my husband, I love being married, I love spending time together. I want to continue building our relationship and our communication skills. We love cooking together and seeing live music in Ath together, but I really want to plan a nice trip for us to take together this year.
So there you have it folks. My goals for 2012. Happy New Year to you and I hope the best for you in 2012!



No comments:
Post a Comment