Monday, January 2, 2012

OBX Christmas

The day after Christmas Kyle and I left PA to go to the Outer Banks, NC to spend time with my family and my brother's fiance's family. My brother is getting married in May at the beach and we stayed in the same house we will be in during the wedding! I was very thankful to be invited to go and relax at the beach!
Crossing over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge

Smile for the camera!

Boardwalk, our house for the week!

So excited to see little Maddy!

Such a cutie!

Tuesday I was invited to join my brother and his fiance to go wedding cake tasting! Cake at 11:00am, YES PLEASE! So yummy, and the cake is going to be beautiful! We then decided to go to the outlets. The weather was really bad and it rained most of the day, so shopping was a good idea. I got a new pair of khakis from JCrew and a top. 

Kyle and his favorite dog :)

Beach Christmas Tree

Maddy and my brother

Tuesday night we played board games and tried some wine that might be used for the wedding, Everyone seemed to enjoy the wine and our competitive game of Fact or Crap was that much more fun.
Silly Dad

The next day my parents, Kyle and I decided to go down to Hatteras and see the lighthouse!


Mom and I

Kyle and I

I made my Dad drive us down to Frisco so I could show them the house my friends and I rented in 2010. 

Beach Buddy

Brothers in law! Ew man thigh.

The next day my parents, Kyle and I went to Manteo Island and walked around. A lot of shops were closed on the off season, but some were open and I had fun at the antique shop. We also went to Awful Arthurs. Kyle was DYING for seafood. We got raw oysters, and Kyle had a LIVE baby crab in one of his! We also had steamed shrimp and crab meat in butter. SO DELICIOUS!


We played more board games and drank more wine Thursday. I laughed so hard, truly a great beach trip!

Our last day at the beach was GORGEOUS. Mom and I went for a long walk on the beach, Kyle and I went back to the outlets. For dinner we went to Argyle, and I finally watched The Help before bed.

Shadow, my brothers CRAZY black lab!

Aw Maddy girl!

We had a wonderful time in OBX, I was not ready to leave. I can't wait to go back in May! Thank you Jennifer and Alex for such a wonderful time!


No comments:

Post a Comment