Thursday, January 19, 2012

Baby names, Birchbox and Bikram!

So some randomness on this Thursday... I read this earlier today. Jennifer Garner talked about how her daughters are coming up with names for her new baby, and that they are mostly Disney inspired (like Peter Pan, Captain Hook, etc.). First I was like "Aw how cute!" then I started thinking about my grandmother. My great- grandmother let my great- aunt name my grandmother, her name you might ask: Mildred Inez. Granted, my grandmother was born in the 1920's but even she isn't thrilled about her name. She goes by Inez, but if you are her grandchild or great- grandchild you call her Mingo. And she has me to thank for that! My poor grandma can't catch a break in the name department! When I was learning to talk she wanted me to call her something... and I just started calling her Mingo and it stuck. I think I get points for originality!

Love Jennifer Garner!
Ok, I am probably late to the game on this one...Birchbox. What is it? A beauty product website that you subscribe to and for $10 a month they send you 4-5 samples hoping you buy that product form their website. Not a bad concept. I love trying beauty products! I am currently on the wait list because they are "sold out." We will see if I get an invite and follow through.


I love yoga. I started taking classes in undergrad. I know a lot of people that love Bikram yoga otherwise known as HOT yoga. The studio cranks up the heat and you sweat your ass off. Well someone finally opened a studio in Athens! I was at a work meeting at a coffee shop this morning and I saw a poster for it. The studio looks nice... I am intrigued!



Finally, after a month long absence from the downtown music scene I am returning this Friday. Langhorne Slim is playing the 40 Watt and I am so excited! I heard him live the first time as the opener for the Avett Brothers last year in Athens. It was a really fun opener and I have always liked his music... will post more on the experience later!

No comments:

Post a Comment