Friday, February 17, 2012

February Birchbox

When I was in high school my girlfriends and I would go on Target trips. We would go buy a bunch of random beauty products (masks, nail polish, lipstick, etc.) and then have sleepovers and try all our new stuff out. Yes, I know I wasn't the most rebellious teenager and I definitely wasn't popular, BUT we always had fun on Target trips and trying new stuff out. It spawned my love for trying new products and when I heard of Birchbox I was excited! I love samples! I like trying new stuff, but who wants to waste money on things you might not like?!



So I got my first box and thought it would be cool too link up and share!



I love the Jouer lip gloss, not super sticky and a hint of color. The Juicy perfume is something I had tried before. The travel puff seems useful for later. I don't think I will be using the double sided "fashion" tape. I try to buy clothes that fit and wouldn't require tape, but you never know. What I am most intrigued by is the Eye Rock stick on eye liner. I am perplexed by how they work. More to come on that later.
I was kind of bummed after I saw some other bloggers February Birchboxes, they got different stuff than I did (stuff I would have liked/ used more). I'm not sure what my expectations were, but I'm a little underwhelmed. We will see about next month.

5 comments:

  1. i STILL haven't gotten my feb box :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to subscribe to this!!!! I have hear nothing but great things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, looking at it now, I'm not sure I'd be pleased with that haul either.

    I have a page that lists all different beauty boxes that ship to the United States, if you're interested: http://www.mybunnygoboom.com/2012/02/monthly-beauty-boxes-united-states.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can be hit or miss, but overall, I always feel like I got at least $10 worth! Hope next months box is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I would have gotten the lip gloss! Sounds like a plus :)
    I wasn't a big fan of my first box, either. Oh well :)

    ReplyDelete