I spent four and a half AMAZING years in Blacksburg. And I did it ALL. I made some of the best friends I could have ever wanted. I learned so much about myself and what I was capable. I changed. I found my calling, I found my path. I have Virginia Tech to thank for that.
Living for 32 reminds us of the responsibility as Hokies we have to each other. Through the heartbreak and pain caused five years ago, the Hokie community showed the world what it truly meant to have pride, respect and care for others. It is hard to put in words what it means to love your Alma mater, I think for Hokies that is even more difficult, because unless you experience it then you will never truly understand.
Thank you to my mom for dragging me to VT, to both my parents for providing me the opportunity to go to the best university, to all my amazing mentors and professors at VT that shaped who I became, to my sorority sisters for believing in me, to the Hokie alumni I continue to meet and be amazed by, to the future Hokies that will continue the excellence of this great community.
Take time to be thankful for what you have today, and never forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment