Wednesday, June 27, 2012

IM BACK!!!!!!!



Wow, I haven't posted in over two months! I would say it was becuase I was busy (which I was) but it also was a little bit, "why should I continue posting?" Answer: for myself! I do like using this blog to keep memories for myself and others in my life to read about. I think I just need to keep it as orinigal as possible! Be myself. Afterall it is my blog! Ok so let's catch up on the last two and a half months of life!

In April I had a lot of fun visits from friends! First, Soule came to Athens to visit AND WE WENT TO THE RODEO! So much fun!




Then Brianna came to Athens to visit for Twilight, which is an annual bike race downtown. It was also a friends birthday weekend. We of course spent a lot of time at our fav bar, Pauley's.



In the beginning of May my family had to make a very hard decision. Maddy became really sick and her health declined rapidly. She was put to sleep. It was so hard not being there with everyone and Maddy. I miss her terribly. Everyone does.


This was from my trip hone at the end of March.

After graduation I attended LeaderShape with some AMAZING people. I was a cluster facilitator and loved making connections and building relationships with my cluster family. This week long experience was VERY transformative for everyone involved. I can't wait to see the students again and continue on our journey from LeaderShape! I had never worked on visioning before and I thoroughly enjoyed it. If you ever have the opportunity to particiapte in a LeaderShape, DO IT!

My LeaderShape Liger family.

I got back to Athens and left immeadiately for the Outer Banks to celebrate my brother's wedding. A week long at the beach was JUST what the doctor ordered and Kyle and I had SOOOO much fun. Hands down best wedding!

 

16 bedroom house on the beach, such a wonderful view!

I took the bride horseback riding for her bacherlorette! Awesome!

The bachelor party chartered a boat and went fishing. Here is Kyle's tuna!

Rehersal dinner was catered at the house. So many fun 'props!'

My pretty momma.

My brother on the day of his wedding!

My wedding "look"

Mom, Dad and me.

When Kyle and I got back to Ath we started working on our summer concert line up. We went to see Dawes at the Melting Point. GREAT SHOW! The guys stayed after to sign autographs and take pictures. I was really surprised. Griffin the drummer makes the best expressions while he plays. Totally entertaining.  



Last week I went to an Athens Virginia Tech Alumni event. We went to Pints and Paints, a local business, to create a VT masterpiece. See my artwork below! I love Athens Hokie events!


Last weekend I went to Tennessee to see Brianna! I haven't been to see her in TN for like a year (she always is nice enouch to come to ATH). We went to Blackhorse and had beer cheese dip (that stuff is amazing and I could eat it all day). We went to Nashville Saturday night and I had an amazing time. I could totally see Kyle and I moving to Nashville, if it wasn't even further from our families.

My fav pup, Bodie!

"we are acting like 14 year olds!"

The one and only Ryman

Live music in EVERY BAR, I will take it!

Recreating famous Cash photo!

So there you have it. My life the last two months summed up in one GIANT post. Hopefully I can jump back on the blog train!

2 comments:

  1. YAY SOOO happy you are back! i will be playing blog catch up over the next few weeks. maybe we need to do a Q&A b/vlog thing every other week or so??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Megan! I've missed your life! And I'm down for moving to Nashville with you guys... I love that city!

    ReplyDelete