So last month my dad missed me and bought Kyle and I plane tickets to visit my family in DC. I had plans to go spend time with my family and go out on the boat. Well the weather didn't cooperate. We made it to the airport without any traffic. To the gate without hassle. Then the first delay. And the second. And the third. We ended up sitting on the runway in Atlanta past when we were supposed to have landed in DC. We didn't get to my parents house until 2:30am. Ugh.
We slept in Friday and then my brother came over for a personal training session. He has transformed my parents garage into a gym. Let me just say, he kicked my butt.
Pulling the sleigh.
That night we went to see The Dark Knight Rises. It was kind of sad after everything that had happened in CO earlier that day. I feel awful for the victims. What a horrible experience.
Saturday we had planned to go boating, but the weather was still awful. Mom and I went to get pedis and then shopping at Wegmans. My fav grocery store! We had a great dinner Saturday night. I made dessert! We had a game night and lots of wine :)
Family game night. Shadow wanted to play!
Yummy peach blueberry crisp!
Shadow!
It was a great trip home. Now it is back to reality and gearing up for the school year. I am ready for it to be September!




That blueberry crisp looks amazing. Want to share a recipe?
ReplyDeleteSo glad you enjoyed your trip with your family. Have a great week!