Steph and Katie's Link Up: "Saw it. Pinned it. Did it." is quickly becoming my new fav link up! For everyone needing a reason to actually do what you have Pinned on Pinterest this will help motivate you!!!
I have wonderful memories of my Dad putting orange peels in a pot of water and leaving it on our wood burning stove/fireplace every fall/winter. It always made the house smell so good, so when I saw this Pin I just had to make my own simmering pot.
Oringial Pin via
Directions:
Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add the ingredients from your favorite recipe, boil for a few minutes, then turn the heat down to simmer all day. Top up water as needed.
Caution: Set your timer for 30 minutes so you remember to top up with water. You don’t want the pot burning dry. Do not leave the house with this left heating on the stove.
Recipe #1
Cinnamon sticks
Apple peels
Orange rinds
Whole cloves
Apple peels
Orange rinds
Whole cloves
I modified recipe one, because I didn't have apples.
Boil then simmer!
I actually use the same pot for awhile. I turn it on for awhile every night, then put a lid on it when I'm not using it. It usually lasts a couple of days.
SMELLS LIKE FALL FOR DAYS!





"smells like fall for days" haha sign me UP!! I love it girl..I've always wanted to do it. Maybe yo u inspired me to :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for linking up with us!
I've always wondering if this worked!! I've GOT to try this! How simple and perfect?!
ReplyDeletePS-so sorry I'm just now commenting...life has been CRAY these past few days!! Thanks so much for linking up with us!!