Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday February First

Happy Friday! Happy February! Do the Friday Dance!



January seemed like it FLEW by. Thank goodness. I hate the cold months, I am so ready for spring! One of my goals for 2013 was to save more money. Kyle and I talked a lot about this one. We both need to be on the same page in order to get this particular goal to work, so we have an Excel spreadsheet that helps us track and plan our spending. We are also going to try something new for February. We are going to do a 'no buy' month, with an exception for Valentine's day. So this means: no Starbucks, no make up, no clothes, no accessories, no online shopping, no eating out. We are only allowing trips to the grocery store (even those are limited to Sundays) and gas for the car. I think this is going to be an interesting experiment and really help me reflect on things I WANT verse things I NEED. Have you ever tried a 'no buy' month?


Other end of month reflections:
  • I finished the month having run 38 miles.
  • I am working most of the weekend. February is a busy recruitment time for my department, yay!
  • I had my first small group meeting last night, so awesome. 
  • Kyle has a wrestling match here in Athens this Saturday, I can't wait to see him in coaching action!
  • We decided to put Gigi in doggie daycare twice a week. She needs to learn some manners and how to play nice. Hopefully it will help a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment