Friday, September 13, 2013

2013 Goal Update

You can read my 2013 goals in this post. I thought I would update you on how they are going.

Wellness
1. I ran a couple of times when I first found out I was pregnant, and then I would feel awful all day. I don't know if it was because of the running or if it was just hormones. I ran 202.5 miles (as of May)which is just 48 short of my 250 goal for the year. Pretty good for someone who went from no running to goal driven.


 
2. My other goal was a race. I was signed up for the Athens Half Marathon, but then I got pregnant. Unfortunately this will not be accomplished. I am however volunteering at the Bookin' it 15K, so at least there is that.
Spiritual
1. I did join a small group, and I really really liked it. But the group met really really late. Like 9:30pm late. I am usually in bed by then, so I tried, but couldn't keep with it. I am still serving as a greeter at church, but have put small group on hold.
2. Yeah, the daily devotion thing isn't going that well. I haven't opened my app in like two months.

Career
1. I attended NHTI! Not only did I apply, but I was selected and attended. Amazing experience, blogpost to come.

My cluster and cluster leader!

2. Use: Finding Life Balance & Direction Guided Journaling Experience. I did the first three months and stopped! UGH!


Relationships
1. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and just take in how happy I am. This is in large part to my supportive husband. I think I take him for granted sometimes. His patience astounds me everyday and I am thankful to have a life together. I think this goal has transformed a little bit and I am now working on assuming the best. There are often times I assume the complete opposite of what Kyle intended and it leads to a fight. This could be avoided with better communication and assuming the best not the worst.


2. I haven't seen my girlfriends since March. BUT, I am booking a flight to be reunited with them in October! I can't wait. I would say the girlfriends that mean the most are the ones that I have done my best to keep up with. From texting to G-Chat to visits, I will always make time for those people that are important to me.

Financial
1. Well, moving and furnishing a new place hit us hard in the savings area, and I will admit for awhile I felt like we were bleeding money. But we have continued to save and have worked out a great budget to get in a good place before February 2014!

Random
1. I have read three books. All baby related.
This is the book I am reading now.

2. I attended my first Junior League Athens General Meeting on Monday. I am happy to be exploring this new opportunity to meet new people and give back to my community!

My JLA Provisional Class



No comments:

Post a Comment