Monday, September 9, 2013

Dawgs on top!

I'm linking up with Sami's Shenanigans to share my weekend. It was the first home game in Athens!
 

Our new tailgate location was great! We had a wonderful shady spot and easy access to in-door plumbing. At one point during the day there was a large contingent of small children at the tailgate, and their parents made alcohol free jello shots (aka, jello in a little cup).  Perfect for small children and pregnant adults! I will admit one positive of being pregnant at a football game... the line for the bathroom. As soon as ladies saw me standing they immediately told me to go to the front of the line. I doubt I waited more than 3 minutes for the bathroom at any given time.!

While it might be nearing fall the temperature here is still high, and in the stadium it is even worse. Kyle brought home hand fans before we left for the game. I have no idea why we didn't think of these sooner! Made sitting in the heat MUCH more bearable. Or if you are like the old lady that sat in front of us you will read a book on your iPad the entire game in order to make your experience more enjoyable (seriously!) While sitting on the hard benches was getting to me by the third quarter, the game was so good I couldn't leave. And I am glad I didn't because the Dawgs won!

 



Sunday we couldn't pick Gigi up until 6:00pm so we took advantage of being dogless and slept in. We ran errands in the afternoon that included buying a new mattress and complete new bedding for our master bedroom. We got this lovely duvet set on sale for half off. I think I am turning into my mother because I love finding a good deal!

 
All in all a wonderful weekend and a great first home game!

Sami's Shenanigans

No comments:

Post a Comment