Friday, October 18, 2013

Bumping Around

How far along: 24 weeks, four more weeks until the third trimester! We went to the doctor this week and she said he is measuring big, a week ahead of schedule. Oh goodness!
 

Maternity clothes: Love hate relationship right now. I have a couple of pre-pregnancy dresses that I can still wear. I try to wear my BeBand with pre-pregnancy pants, but it can get uncomfortable. I need the length of maternity tops to keep my belly covered. I am just getting bored. I ordered some new stuff this week and this will be my last purchase! Now I just need to get creative. Maybe planning out my outfits for the week will help so that I don't feel overwhelmed in the morning??

Old Navy ankle pants- 20% off

Old Navy skinny cords- 20% off

Target long sleeve knit dress

Target knit dress- 50% off
 
Gender: Boy! We decided on a name: John Scott Dailey, III. Kyle is the only boy in his family and this is the first boy grandchild. So we decided on a family name, very traditional. I understand tradition, in my family the first boy is named Charles Alfonsus, and my brother is the IV!

Sleep: Not bad. I still wake up every once and awhile to go to the bathroom. I am noticing when I wake up the baby is moving and it takes me longer to fall back asleep because I like to stay up and feel him move around in there.

Food cravings: Everything. I've gained about 10lbs, and I just feel like I am constantly hungry. Planet Smoothie 'Pink Lady' smoothies are like my go to thing now. The people that work there are starting to know my order, kind of weird. Also strawberry pop-tarts and late night cereal are becoming very common in my diet.

What I miss: Feeling comfortable in my skin. Sometimes my stomach gets really tight and I just feel so fat. The other day after a two hour meeting I walked out of the building and saw my reflection in a window. I hardly recognized myself with the baby bump. Is that normal??

Symptoms: Leg/foot/toe cramps. Ouch! And as stated above, tight tummy syndrome. I don't think that is a real thing, but I am making it a real thing now. Belly button is still an innie, but barely and no stretch marks!

Nursery Update: We ordered the furniture and will pick it up and assemble it in November when my parents visit. Here is what the furniture looks like:


As for nursery theme ideas, I shared a board on Pinterest with some of my friends. So far my favorite things are:

Like the reclaimed wood with large initial letter.
 
Grey stripes
 
I must have this!

PLAID!
  
My mother in law bough me this blanket when she was visiting this past weekend and I am loving it for inspiration too! How cute are those chevron owls?!

Anticipating: Flying to VA next week to celebrate one of my oldest friend's 30th birthday and getting to see my parents. Also anticipating my glucose test next month. Those pop-tarts sure aren't going to help me pass!

Best moment of the month: Kyle felt the baby move! He now likes to sit right next to me on the couch with his hand on my stomach or when we are in bed he falls asleep with his hand on my stomach. He is so cute about it. His only competition is Gigi, she still likes to snuggle and usually has to be right next to me or in my lap. I find myself just watching my belly when I am sitting at my desk. Little man loves to jump around in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment