Our lively crazy vivacious sweet precious Gigi is going to have surgery this Friday. She has a luxating patella, which just means her knee cap doesn't stay in place and causes bone to rub together. OUCH! This apparently is a very common dog problem, not specific to bulldogs.
Gigi four weeks old, love that little face!
We drop her off on Friday and don't get to pick her up until Monday. Besides our trip to Colorado, we have never been apart that long. The recovery takes eight weeks, so we figured it might be better to do it before the human baby gets here so that we can continue giving Gigi 100% of our attention while she recovers.
Gigi and the "baby," maybe they love each other already?!
On that note, we are trying to think of ways to prepare her for the baby. I know that you are supposed to bring a blanket from the hospital and let the dog smell it, and then when they meet the first time try and do it outside. But any other advice?? I have also heard of people buying baby dolls and once the nursery is set up, use the baby doll to help train the dog about proper behavior and reward constantly for that proper behavior. I don't know if that is crazy or if I should give it a shot! Gigi is VERY important to us, I mean honestly, she sleeps in our bed, under the covers and tries to share our pillows. I want her and her human brother to get along and that they live together in harmony.
She is such a snuggle bug!
No comments:
Post a Comment