Friday, October 25, 2013

Five on Friday

I am currently on my way to VA and I could not be more excited! This weekend is my friend Megan's 30th birthday celebration and I get to have a reunion with some of my favorite people that I haven't seen since March! I also get to spend time with my parents, which means full control over the menu. I have already put in requests for an apple pie, Megan's chicken (a cream cheese chicken recipe my mom makes, and my favorite growing up) and my dad's homemade cinnamon rolls. The baby and I are going to PIG OUT!

I decided to link up for Five on Friday and share some things from this past week:

1. The Body Shop is having a "buy 3, get 3 free" deal on some of my favorite scents. I love the cocoa butter scent (it has been my go to pregnant belly lotion) and the Vitamin E line of face products are great! Sale ends October 28th!

Really great gentle cream cleanser

Hands down BEST body scrub

2. I made the mistake of reading this article on BabyCenter about what happens to your body after you give birth. I have read What to Expect When You're Expecting and had all the sex ed stuff in health class, but until I read this article I didn't really know what to expect to happen to MY BODY after delivery. I know this is the miracle of life, it's going to be hard, it is so rewarding, etc. But man, if you want some FREE birth control, read that article!

3. The last couple of weeks my energy has totally surged. I mean like higher energy levels than before I was pregnant. I have used this time to prioritize walking and getting in exercise. And Kyle has started walking with me. Just between you and me, he has gained some sympathy weight. So I have been encouraging him to join me. I wonder what the chances are of me getting him to do the prenatal yoga DVD?

Saturday's hour long excursion.
 

4. I made chocolate chip cookies last night. They are so delicious. Sometimes you just have to return to the basics and make a classic like the chocolate chip cookie. I will make sure to pack some of them in my carry on for the flight!

5. Bouncing around on some blogs this week I saw a recipe for homemade fruit and veggie gummy snacks. I def want to try these out!




2 comments:

  1. HAIRLOSS!? I love a good article that tells it like it is. Most of the time you get the "sunshine and butterflies" but no one tells you the bad & the ugly! This article just scared me and I'm bookmarking it for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi from the linkup!!! :)
    homemade gummies?! that is AWESOME!!! thanks for sharing!
    xx
    elise

    ReplyDelete