This past weekend I had an amazing trip to VA/DC/MD. It was my friend Megan's 30th birthday and there was a wonderful party planned at the Baltimore inner harbor Saturday, I really wanted to attend so my parents got me a flight home. I arrived in VA Friday and went out to eat with my parents. Then Saturday morning my dad made me his famous cinnamon rolls. Which was really a special treat because he usually only makes them for Christmas morning. My parents totally spoiled me while I was in their care.
Saturday I drove up to Baltimore with my friend Denise. Megan had booked a suite at a hotel at the inner harbor. We all walked around the inner harbor and took some great pictures! It was so nice to be with friends I hadn't seen in so long. I love reconnecting, and we always pick up right where we left off. My friends got to feel the baby kick, which was also a super great experience.
That night we had reservations at Megan's favorite restaurant, Pazos. It was tapas and everything was DELICIOUS. The restaurant itself is GORGEOUS. I had been a little curious what the night was going to be like since I was the only pregnant person there, but it was totally fun! The restaurant even had special non-alcoholic drinks which was nice because I got to pretend to participate in the festivities!
Singing Happy Birthday!
We went to one more place after dinner and then were back at the hotel by 1:00am. I had such a great time with everyone, it was sad when the night was over. I am however, thankful that I got to be there and spend time with my friends!
Sunday I made my way back to VA. My mom had an apple pie waiting for me, again I am spoiled. We went shopping together. I got a pair of pj bottoms at Old Navy and a top and dress from Target. Thanks Mom! I then spent the rest of the time watching football before one last dinner with my parents. Sunday night is traditionally steak night at my parents house, and this past Sunday was no exception. I haven't wanted a lot of meat during my pregnancy, but I could not pass this up!
After dinner they dropped me off at the airport and I was back in Georgia by 10pm. Kyle picked me up from the airport and I was home and in bed by midnight. I must admit I am struggling a little bit at work today and the weekend has caught up with me, but I wouldn't trade it for the world!!





No comments:
Post a Comment