Tuesday, December 17, 2013

32 weeks and growing.



How far along- 32 weeks! Eight weeks to go. Or 56 days. But I'm not counting or anything. Sometimes when people ask my due date and I tell them February 8th, it feels really far away. Other times it feels like it is just around the corner and I should freak out.

Maternity clothes- All day every day.

Gender/ Name- Baby boy still doesn't have a name. We just can't agree. Welcome to everyday in my marriage. Ha! Just kidding. I think Kyle and I just want to meet him and make sure we give him a name that fits him.

Sleep- Good and bad. I had to bring back my butterfly pillow because my hips were killing me in the morning. I wake up at least twice a night to pee. But I usually don't have a problem falling back to sleep.

Food cravings- I am so happy to be pregnant during holiday season. I feel like I have been on a sugar binge since Halloween. While I might not be able to partake in the adult beverages at parties, you can find me camped at the cookie/dessert table!

Symptoms- Back pain, swollen hands and feet and heartburn. It's not all persistent, just annoying sometimes. But my belly button is still an innie and I don't have any stretch marks, silver lining?

Nursery- 90% done!! Praise!! I am sooooooooo happy with it. Sometimes I just go stand in there and stare in awe. I have the most amazing family. They did such a great job decorating and assembling all the furniture. I couldn't have done it without them. All we need is a glider/rocker. Pictures to come.

Anticipating- Seeing family at Christmas! I can't wait. I am off work for a week and a half and I need the break. My body and mind need some time to rest and relax. I also want to make sure to spend some quality Kyle time too. I know once February hits it is going to be an adjustment in our marriage, we need to savor these last few weeks as a family of two, plus Gigi.

Best moment this month- Sooo many to count! 1. We got the travel system on sale Cyber Monday. It was delivered and while putting it together I opened the stroller, Gigi flipped out and was scared, ran into the dining room chair and put a hole in the wall. Kyle was so angry, I couldn't stop laughing. Baby girl was ok, but this really made us realize that we need to do a better job of preparing her. I hope to get the MommaRoo and Pack n' Play at Christmas so we can set them up and give her time to check them out and get accustom to them in the house. 2. Some of my wonderful colleagues at work are giving me a baby shower. I cried when I found out, excited and thankful tears. 3. We attended our first baby class, it was a breastfeeding class. Great class, but I am a little traumatized. And I realized during the class that I am so immature. The wonderful instructor would say things and I had to hide my giggles. Good lord, I am going to be a parent and can't say nipples without laughing. Someone in class said to me, "Looks like you are about to pop!" Thanks lady, I still have two months left. But yes, I am the biggest person in this room.

No comments:

Post a Comment