Monday, January 13, 2014

We are in the HOME STRETCH!


The large poncho I am wearing doesn't really help show how big I am, but you get the picture!

How far along: 36 weeks, plus some days! This could potentially be my last monthly baby update, if he comes early! It is amazing to think I am a few weeks until he is "full term" and four weeks until his due date.

Maternity clothes: Ugh, I miss my normal wardrobe and variety. It was so difficult during Christmas and afterwards not to buy clothes. I went into a J.Crew and literally whined the whole time I was there because I knew I couldn't/shouldn't buy anything.

Gender/Name: I think we have narrowed it down to two first names. Who knows... every time I feel like we are close to making a decision one of us changes our mind. I hope little man doesn't feel bad that I don't call him by a name.

Sleep: Hit or miss. Sometimes I sleep great, other nights I wake up at three and can't fall asleep again until five.

Food cravings: La Croix Grapefruit water, all day every day. I NEED IT. Also, grilled Thai pizza from Transmet (my fav pizza place in Athens). Oh and ice cream. Definitely ice cream.

Symptoms: Braxton Hicks and huge full on baby body movements. So strange.

Anticipating:  I get MLK Jr. day off and I am looking forward to shopping for last minute baby items so I at least feel prepared for his arrival. My next doctor appointment is January 22 and I will have an ultrasound. I love seeing him on the screen. And at this appointment they will be able to give us a better idea of how big he is. That might help inform us of his arrival. I just have this feeling he is going to be HUGE. In the next two weeks I would like to get the car seat installed, stock up on some diapers and pack our bags for the hospital, just in case. Oh! And my friend Brianna is coming to visit toward the end of January! One last girls hoorah before baby. Finally, I need to wrap up my maternity leave plan for work. I am anxious about being absent for two whole months, but I know when he comes work will be the last thing on my mind!

Best moments in the past month: Spending Christmas with my family was GREAT and the extra five days off at home with Kyle was just what we needed. While in Florida we went to a huge outlet mall and I stocked up on some baby clothes from Carters and Gap. My dad took some family pictures of me, Kyle and Gigi. Next year we will have a nine month old in those pictures with us! AH! We had our last baby class on Labor and Delivery. Very informative, Kyle couldn't watch the actual birth scene. And my colleagues threw us a baby shower on Friday (recap to come!)

No comments:

Post a Comment