My guests are here!!! Yay! My family got into town last night. It was pouring rain, but they made it safely. I am so happy they are here. Right before they got here I was out on a mission in Athens to find pear juice. I need it for my Thanksgiving Cocktail (Ginger Pear Brandy Cocktails!) and I couldn't find it anywhere! Thank goodness for Earth Fare. While I was out on my quest I passed by the ZTA house all lit up for Christmas, just stunning! I think it is the most decorated house on Milledge!
Beautiful ZTA house!
After the pear juice adventure, I got back home to bake cookies before my family arrived. I always like to have something baking when guests arrive, I think it creates a welcoming enviornment, and who doesn't like cookies?! I had a Pinterest recipe for Caramel Apple Cider cookies.
Cover up the caramel with cookie dough.
Waiting to be baked!
You have to eat them while they are warm so the caramel is gooey!
I think everyone enjoyed their welcome snack! I was so excited Maddy was back to visit. I have missed her since her return back to my parents. Today I am at work... alone. There is literally no one here in this building but me and a student worker. My goal before bed tonight is to get the Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle, Sweet Potatoe Pie and the Carrot, Squash, Orange soup made! So happy my mom is here to help!
Look who is making herself right at home!





No comments:
Post a Comment