Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Anti Bucket List

So I came across this article on the Huffington Post about the Anti- Bucket List and was intrigued. I've tried to sit down and make a Bucket List but I feel like there are so many things I want to do it is hard to write them all down. However, coming up with things I know I will never do is a little easier.

1. I will never leave the east coast. All of our family is here. It is where I have spent a majority of my life. I have lived in the midwest and on the west coast, but home is the east coast.
 


2. I will never compete in an eating contest. I just don't get why you would want to eat a ton of food really fast. I would be so afraid of choking.



3. I will never sing/dance/preform in front of a large crowd. That is just not my style. Plus I have no singing or dancing ability.




4. I will never scuba dive. As an avid swimmer growing up, I am very very comfortable in the water. I love the ocean! But the idea of being under water and relying on an oxygen tank freaks me out!



5.  I will never go rock climbing. I'm not a huge outdoors, nature person and the idea of my life depending on a rope doesn't give me much reassurance of my safety.

6. I will never own a cat. I am allergic, and I think they are gross.

 


7. I will never work at a school that doesn't have a football team. Yes, this may sound ridiculous and very career limiting, but it is a perk of working in higher education. Football to me is synonymous with the fall season and working on a college campus.

This was a little difficult because I feel like I am open to a lot of new and different experiences and trying new things. My mom always would joke and say that I was so brave as a little kid, always willing to participate (like the time I volunteered to fly in the circus). I don't think we should let our fears limit us, but there are just some things I know I will not do/try and that's ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment