Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Currently....

Currently I am.....

Reading Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg, I want to see what the hype is about.

Watching The OC. Kyle has the whole box set. We are also in the middle of West Wing on Netflix and Kyle started Once Upon a Time on Netflix too.

Listening to Lorde. Yes her single Royals is catchy and addictive, but her whole album just came out Tuesday and I love it all.

Obsessing over my townhouse. We need to do some major work; buy a dining set, take down wallpaper/ paint, hang stuff on walls and finish unpacking books. I am overwhelmed.

Shopping for nursery things. We have our big trip to purchase furniture this weekend. I am still trying to come up with a nursery theme/concept. My mom suggest red, white and blue plaid, which is actually very much Kyle's style. We have finalized our registry, and I am not going to touch it anymore.

Wearing maternity clothes. I am getting uncomfortable when I try to wear pre pregnancy pants/skirts with my BeBand. I am most comfortable in dresses without zippers/waists or maternity pants. I can tell I am going to get real frustrated soon if I don't pick up some other stuff. I HATE feeling like I am in a clothing rut. On another clothing note, I asked Kyle how I looked this morning and he told me my dress was wrinkled and droopy (whatever that means). All I was looking for was, "fine." I then proceeded to take 15 more minutes looking for another outfit and 10 minutes eating breakfast. I made him late to work and I don't care one bit.

Learning patience. This is a constant struggle. I just want everything to happen NOW and I want my to do list finished NOW and I want to eat ice cream NOW. NOW!

Bothered by the lady in line at the stadium this weekend that ask how far along I was. When I said 21 weeks, she told me I looked as big as she did at 8 months. Thanks lady!

Eating baked pumpkin oatmeal. Delish! I will share recipe later.

Drinking lots and lots of water. Staying hydrated had been a priority for me during pregnancy.

Loving that an Ulta opened in Athens! We went on Sunday. And yes, my husband spent more money in Ulta than I did. I got dry shampoo, he got a pore minimizer, eye cream and moisturizer.

Praying for my brother. He is in the middle of Naval Aviation School in FL and has two tests a week that he HAS TO PASS. So much pressure, but I am so proud of him!

Working on knocking out some baby to do list things. We picked the daycare, pediatrician and have signed up for some classes at the hospital I am delivering at. I might be slacking on the nursery, but I am definitely making progress everywhere else!
In my work life, I am actually really excited about a committee I am working on. It is for our whole division and we are reviewing the learning objectives that departments are supposed to use when working with students/student programming/student services. I think it is fun to get to work with colleagues from across the division, this institution is so large there is hardly ever time to meet people.

Looking forward to THANKSGIVING. My parents called this week and said they were coming to spend the holiday with us and help with baby prep. THANK GOD, I need their help! Even though I will be in VA/DC/MD at the end of the month, I really need help here.

1 comment:

  1. I am so beyond proud of you! and totally impressed! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete