Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Currently...

Currently I am.....

Reading about learning outcomes in student affairs. As stated in my last "Currently I am" post, I am serving on a committee that is examining our Division's structure for learning outcomes. I am personally learning A LOT and really enjoying the process.

Watching too much Hulu and Netflix. It's embarrassing. I watched season one and two of New Girl and I love it!

Listening to my Christmas Pandora station. It just makes me happy!

Shopping for NOTHING. This is on purpose. We are trying really hard to stick to our budget in order to get rid of debt (created by our recent move and Gig's knee surgery) before the baby is born. And I am really proud of how well we are doing.

Wearing my favorite maternity dress as often as I can! It is a long sleeve black maxi dress from Old Navy and it is the most comfortable thing in the whole world, I feel like I am wearing pajamas to work. Actually if I don't wear pajamas for Thanksgiving I will definitely be wearing this dress.

Learning how to take care of a dog recovering from knee surgery! Gigi had her TPLO surgery 3 weeks ago and we have been begun the long process of recovery. Originally we were told 6-8 weeks, well that has turned into 12 weeks. Good lord, I don't know how I am going to keep her under control that long. She loves to run and jump. Right now if she isn't crated, then she is on a short leash in the house.

Bothered by how large I am. I was in the grocery store the other day and my cashier was also pregnant. She is due in December and when I said I was due in February she looked astonished. My belly was definitely bigger then hers. I feel like such a heifer. But huge shout out to some of my volunteer friends from church that told me I was a cute pregnant lady, they totally made my day!

Eating everything in sight and I need to stop. But I passed my glucose test so I am using that as an excuse to indulge. I am so bad.

Drinking pink lemonade slushies from the ZTA house. We finished up the elections process last week and I had spent a lot of time at the house and couldn't resist the slushies!

Loving my sweet sorority women. They got the baby the cutest bib, diapers and a gift card to Target. Warmed my heart. I will be resigning from my role as General Advisor this December and transitioning to the fundraising advisor and judicial advisor instead. I needed a little less time commitment, but I am sure going to miss seeing them every week!

Working on planning a conference for my entire department (over 200 full time staff). This has been such an interesting learning process.

Looking forward to THANKSGIVING and FAMILY and starting/finishing the nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment