Monday, December 2, 2013

So much to be thankful for.

So my family came to visit for Thanksgiving and in the four days they were here I took one picture. ONE PICTURE! And it was of Kyle and Gigi. I was too busy enjoying every moment with my family that I barely touched my phone or camera. I even left my phone in the bed for a whole day. I just didn't care about social media, I cared about spending time with my amazing family. So I will catch you up on some highlights:
1. We deep fried our turkey! My dad has done it before and Kyle was so excited! It took 42 minutes and completely freed up the oven for all the other cooking.
2. Since we don't have cable I was a little bummed about missing the Thanksgiving day parade. But my amazing SIL found it streaming for free and we hooked up the computer to the TV and enjoyed!
3. My mom and SIL did all the cooking, thank god. Everything was so delicious.
4. On Friday my dad, brother and Kyle went and picked up all the baby furniture. My mom, SIL and I went to Target and picked out all the nursery decorations. This included curtains, lamp and lamp shade, crib sheets, art work for the walls. We then went to Lowes, got a beautiful paint and got to work. Nursery reveal to come. But it would not have been possible without the help of my family. I am so happy with how it turned out! Now I just need a baby to put in the room.
5. Saturday we went to Atlanta for a showing of 'A Christmas Carol' at Alliance Theater. So much fun! Beforehand we ate at Tap, a gastropub on Peachtree St, right by the theater. Highly recommend. Watching 'A Christmas Carol' was the perfect start to the holiday season!



So there are the highlights. Such a wonderful long weekend. And I have so much to be thankful for! can't wait to see them all again at Christmas in Pensacola!

No comments:

Post a Comment