Monday, January 6, 2014

What I Will Miss v. What I Will NOT Miss

I was talking to a colleague the other day and she asked me what I liked about being pregnant. That got me to thinking about what an incredible journey this has been. I am truly amazed at what my body has been able to do/ accomplish in the past nine months. I thought I would share what I have and haven't enjoyed about this experience.

What I will miss about being pregnant:
1. Getting to go to the front of the bathroom line
2. Maternity clothes with no zippers, buttons, waistbands. I love my maternity clothes. Yes, I am a little bored with selection, but the comfort beats the hassle of actually buttoning your pants after going to the bathroom.
3. My afternoon strawberry pop-tart treat
4. People touching my tummy. Yes, I am one of the weird people that likes when people touch my tummy. Maybe it is because no strangers have ever attempted it, but if the baby is moving I will grab the closest hand and make them feel too!
5. The shameless feeling of eating two desserts :)


What I will NOT miss about being pregnant:
1. Forced sobriety
2. Feeling like a whale out of water
3. Not being able to run/jog. I know some women run throughout their pregnancy. I stopped during my first trimester because it always left me feeling icky. I had to miss the half marathon I was registered for this October and I am itching to lace up my running shoes.
4. Not being able to bend over, pick things up off the floor or carry Gigi. My big midsection is constantly in the way. I was at the sorority house for chapter last week and completely ran into a house boy setting up chairs when I turned around and hit him with my stomach. Embarrassing.
5. Feeling so tired all the time.
6. Strangers making comments about my size. From about the sixth month on everyone looks at me like I am about to go into labor. They always make comments like "Looks like you are about to pop any minute now!" and I would reply "Well, actually no sir, I have about 16 weeks left."

This has been such a great experience. I am now just excited for my son to arrive and be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment